cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Paid account/was a charge-off & Settled - less than full balance accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Paid account/was a charge-off & Settled - less than full balance accounts?

I have exhausted searches pertaining to my issue and continue to be confused as what to do. On my negative items in my credit report I have a few accounts that I either settled “Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance” or “Paid account/was a charge-off”. My question is can I get these items removed from my credit report since they have been settled or do I have to wait the 7 years for them to fall off? And if I can get them removed how would I go about doing it and would it be advisable to do so in reflection to my credit score? Thanks for any advice you can give!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try disputing them. They will likely be verified,...

You can try disputing them. They will likely be verified, but you may get lucky.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skiffy said it nice, short, and to the point.  Otherwise...

Skiffy said it nice, short, and to the point.  Otherwise it pretty much stays (and if it is verified it will almost certainly stay).
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.