Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing negative mark - contact CA or the creditor if > 90 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing negative mark - contact CA or the creditor if > 90 days

Hello,

I had a negative mark on my credit report from a University Private Loan but agreed to have it removed after payment.  They informed me they have sent a letter to all the credit agency to remove the negative mark and told me they have up to 90 days to remove the negative mark from my credit hx.

If the negative mark does not come off my credit in 90 days, do I contact each Credit Agency or contact the University?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing negative mark - contact CA or the creditor if > 90 days

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I had a negative mark on my credit report from a University Private Loan but agreed to have it removed after payment.  They informed me they have sent a letter to all the credit agency to remove the negative mark and told me they have up to 90 days to remove the negative mark from my credit hx.

If the negative mark does not come off my credit in 90 days, do I contact each Credit Agency or contact the University?

When did all this occur?  Did they send YOU a copy of the letter as well???  Sometimes it takes a few (5-ish) weeks but I have yet to hear of, or personally have anything take 90 days to update.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You contact the creditor.  CRAs delete based on status updates reported by the creditors.  They dont get involved in private agreements between you and the creditor.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

It was paid in full (ACS is the creditor/loan servicer) back in mid-may and they told me the CA have up to 90 days to delete the complete negative mark from them.  It's been over 60 days and it is still on my Credit Report.  

Wouldn't MyFico.com alert me if the negative mark is removed?  I didn't see any change in my fico score and no alerts so I assumed the negative mark has not been removed.  Anybody know what kind of fico score chanage this would have?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.