Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental History on Credit Report

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Rental History on Credit Report

I just read some articles that Experian started adding positive rental history to consumer CR in Dec 2010.

Has anyone seen this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rental History on Credit Report

A couple of posters mentioned that in here. I was surprised to see it. I did learn that it has a limited or no impact to your FICO.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it has little or no impact on your FICO, I wonder why they chose to report it at all.

I was just suprised to see that they are reporting only positive, no negatives.

Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

My understanding is that since reporting rental history is so new to the bureaus that FICO has not been able to add it into the algorithm. Experian wants to report it because they want to have the most information on you. The more information they have the more people who will trust their reports. The more people that use them the more money they make.

I think I also remember them saying that they are only reporting positives right now, but soon they will add the negatives.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

IMO, I doubt FICO will add it to the calculations if only EX is doing the reporting. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.