Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repaid Repo still reported as Negative

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repaid Repo still reported as Negative

About 2 years ago I had my car repo'd because of a screw-up with online banking and the fact that the bank did not have my correct address on file. I got the car back after paying the missed payments and storage fees. I have been paying the Loan on time since then. I noticed the account was being reported as closed: repossession on my credit reports so I disputed it. Experian now shows the account as open and current, yet says it will be negative until 2013, the loan is over in 2009!! Is there anyway I can get them to correct this? I tired to do another dispute but their online system would not let me. Can I call the bank and have them fix it or is it all on experian's end?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repaid Repo still reported as Negative

Is it reporting negative on all 3 CRAs?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, only on experian, equifax doesnt seem to say much about it besides payment history and Transunion is still reporting it as closed, which I am disputing now.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where it's inaccurate, dispute it as inaccurate.
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also, what is the DOFD?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I said in my first post, Experian wont let me do another dispute since I disputed it once before (for it being closed when in fact it had began payments again) Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what is a DOFD?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD is Date Of First Delinquency. You can call the CRA and they are supposed to tell you.

If Experian is not allowing you to dispute it online, send 'em a written dispute CMRRR. Often that is enough hammer to move them to action.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.