Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Date

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Report Date

If the bank's report date to the CRAs falls on a weekend, is the actual report made on the next business day (i.e. Monday)?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Report Date

Since I've been tracking it in the last 8 months, I've not found issuers to be consistent as far as reporting date.  Or, perhaps more accurately, the infomation may be reported consistently (tho' I doubt it, but have yet to find an issuer willing to divulge when it reports), but the update has not reflected in the CRA reports in a predictably timely manner -- although the date range has been (mostly) predictable.

For example, Citi updates are reflected on my myFICO reports 2-4 days after the statement date; BoA 3-7 days; Citizens 4-6 days.

That said, this past summer, BoA reported a balance that existed before the statement date (to my score's detriment).

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Out of my cards, the only one that hasn't been 100% consistent is Barclays. They still reported the statement balance, but I noticed that the date was a day or two later than usual. I think there was a weekend involved.

Message 3 of 5
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Well, I found that Capital One Is dead on the money every month with the report date. They even let me change mine. Chase also let me change mine by changing my statement closing date and they add 3 days to it as the report date. I just want to make sure that if that date comes on a weekend it will shift to the first business day - which would be Monday. Of course, I guess I could call Capital One tomorrow.
Message 4 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Capital One consistently reports the statement balance.

If you're trying to control your statement balance amount, the thing to watch out for is that Sunday isn't a business day. Payments made after the close of business on Saturday will take a day longer to post. That's better than a lot of banks, though. For many banks, neither Saturday nor Sunday are business days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.