cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Times?

firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Report Times?

Does anyone have a list of Dates/Times when Companies report to the credit agencies??

I found an old post from 2007, but not sure if the info is still accurate as that was 13 years ago.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Report Times?

Wish I had a list like that. Hopefully someone can help us out lol...

Message 2 of 4
MaizeandBlue
Senior Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Does anyone have a list of Dates/Times when Companies report to the credit agencies??

I found an old post from 2007, but not sure if the info is still accurate as that was 13 years ago.

@firemartinez1980 Lenders - with the exception of U.S. Bank, Elan Financial, and possibly a few others - report to the three major credit bureaus at midnight of the Statement Close date.  U.S. Bank and Elan Financial report to the bureaus on the last business day of each month.

Collection agencies tend to update on a fixed schedule once or twice each month, on a date usually known only to them.  That's why they usually tell you it would take 30-45 days for deletions of collections, etc. to occur since they don't send those instructions to the credit bureaus immediately.

The bureaus batch process the reported information and generally its available about 36 hours after it is reported.  All three credit bureaus release updated consumer files at 3 a.m. Eastern/12 midnight Pacific Time.  So, for example, Chase reports balances to the bureaus at midnight on April 24.  You would usually be able to see an updated credit report on Experian at 3 a.m. on April 26.

In my experience Experian is usually the fastest to update their files, followed by TransUnion a day or so later, and Equifax can sometimes take up to a week to process reported information.

Message 3 of 4
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

"In my experience Experian is usually the fastest to update their files, followed by TransUnion a day or so later, and Equifax can sometimes take up to a week to process reported information."

I get pretty much the same.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.