Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting incorrectly

tag
dd1980
Established Member

Reporting incorrectly

I have a paid collection from Bank of America back in 2001.  It is being reported as derogatory not paid is there anything I can do to get this off early?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
annah618
Established Member

Re: Reporting incorrectly

1. You can dispute to get it to show as paid. Best case they don't respond and it gets deleted. Likely case they update to the correct information.

2. You can try GW letter to ask them to delete all together (see example letters on this board)

3. You are getting close to the end of the 7 years, it's probably not actually affecting your score much. It will fall off soon anyway if the above methods don't work.
Message 2 of 3
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reporting incorrectly

When you dispute to get the status changed to paid, you have to be specific, or they may just note the account as paid, but the status itself may not change.  I'd suggest you not do this with an online dispute, but write a letter and enclose a copy of whatever documentation you have to reflect that this is a paid account.  Ask them to update with the new status code for paid charge off.   Good luck!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.