Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports frozen but someone still trying to get credit in my name

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports frozen but someone still trying to get credit in my name

I had an identity theft issue this summer where they opened multiple accounts. 

My reports are now frozen with a fraud alert, but I am getting letters in the mail from various places saying they could not extend me credit off my application. 

Other than what I have done, what else can I or should I do? Is there also an easy way to freeze minors accounts because mailing all their info into EQ, EX and TU just seems to be asking for more trouble but I want their reports on ice.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reports frozen but someone still trying to get credit in my name

Yes you can freeze all the minors except for EWS and one other either TeleCheck or chexsystem, I can’t remember which, and in your case I would suggest that you do exactly that.

As for the two you can’t freeze, check and see if they have a fraud alert option. I’ll get you a link to the manual that lists all the bureaus I’ll post it shortly.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read under issues with credit freezes and there’s a link to the FTC to help you make a personalized recovery plan.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2018/09/free-credit-freezes-are-here
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chex can be frozen. In fact, you can do it from their website.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As promised here’s the booklet that lists all the bureaus:

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @CreditSweeper then it’s Telechecks and EWS that can’t be frozen.

They fall under an arcane provision of the law that I actually have a thread about if you’re interested I could go look for it.

OP as CreditSweeper said some can be frozen online, there are some of them that you have to print out the forms and mail them in though.

GL2U.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.