Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a credit line increase

tag
Yodafer
Established Member

Requesting a credit line increase

do they pull your credit if you request a credit line increase? How old does the account have to be for them to consider it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Requesting a credit line increase

@Yodafer wrote:

do they pull your credit if you request a credit line increase? How old does the account have to be for them to consider it?

Who is the creditor ?   Some creditors will do a soft pull for CLI, many will require a hard pull.     Also it varies in terms of when they will grant it ~ some creditors might want 6 months of good history before considering a CLI.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Requesting a credit line increase

There is no question that they have the permissible purpose to pull your CR when you request increased credit.

Whether a so-called "soft" or "hard" inquiry, they receive the identical information..... your full CR.  So how do some get scored as "hard," and some "soft"? 

Beats me!

Technically, any request for new/increased credit should be reported under a code that is included in FICO scoring (i.e., a "hard pull"), as seeking new credit is THE prominant reason for even scoring inquiries.  So one should have no beef with a hard pull.  I have no idea how a credtior can even provide a request for your CR for the reason of granting new or increased credit without reporting their inquiry as being for another reason..... such as a regular account review.

Their standards for approval are entirely their own business decision.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.