cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to my GW letter from CitiFinancial. . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Response to my GW letter from CitiFinancial. . .

I sent them about a month ago asking for a 30 day late in 2005 to be removed, since we have not been late since then and this is their reply.

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting us regarding the payment information reported to the credit bureaus by CitiFinancial on the loan number referenced above.  In response to your request to change the payment information reported, we have reviewed our payment records and have determined the following.

We are unable to process your request with the information you have provided.  Please provide your complete social security number.  You may mail this information to

Address provided.

What do you think?  I am guessing there would not be a problem sending them my social.  Any advice? 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Response to my GW letter from CitiFinancial. . .

Looks like they will delete that for you. I recommend you call them, now that you have your foot in the door. They should have your request on file already so if you just call they could get this done sooner for you.

Good luck
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooray!

Sounds like you're almost there.  Please give the people your SSN, and then be sure to report back when it gets DELETED!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to try giving them a call.  Will let you know how it goes. 
Message 4 of 10
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

verizon and sallie mae just asked for my account number, but goodluck im waiting on a response from sallie mae on their final decision now.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok hubby called the number given in the letter that I received in the mail.  Asked for the woman who sent the letter, the man on the phone doesn't know who she is.  He said to fax a copy of the letter with a copy of the credit report where this is listed and requested it be faxed  to Attention Credit Disputes Office.  I don't know if that is what I should do.  I am not disputing this 30 day late I am only asking for a GW for them to delete it as I have not been late since.  Should I fax this info or should I just copy the letter sent to me include the info they requested and just mail it back to the lady who sent it to me?  What to do? 
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me again.  Just drafted a letter to send them to followup with the social.  What do you think?

This is a followup letter to the letter I received from your company.  The purpose of that letter was to ask for a goodwill gesture on the part of your company in removing a 30 late from my credit report from 2005.  I have included the social security number above.  I have also included a copy of the letter I received from your office.  Well guys what do you think?  Should I change anything?  They also included a fax number.  Should I fax it and mail it? 
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would fax it and follow up with a phone call to make sure they got it.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

See me now, I'd send it right back to that lady it came from. 
If she's the one who is handling it and homeboy who you spoke with didn't even know who she was, yeah, I'd send it to the lady. 

I'm not saying you should not fax as he said you should.  But don't leave it with just them.  Be sure to send it back to the lady.

IMHO
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I think that I will fax them a copy of their letter and mine and I will also drop both in the mail that way I can make sure that they received it. 
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.