Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results of my share secured loan

tag
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Results of my share secured loan

Paid down to 9 percent tu 16 point jump ex 28 point jump still waiting on eq to update .so this is definitely a way to improve score
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Re: Results of my share secured loan

@mrldp40 wrote:
Paid down to 9 percent tu 16 point jump ex 28 point jump still waiting on eq to update .so this is definitely a way to improve score26 points jump on eq yes!!!!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CS improvement!

Did you just got a loan and paid it down to 9%? And with which bank/union you went with?

Message 3 of 18
mrldp40
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your CS improvement!

Did you just got a loan and paid it down to 9%? And with which bank/union you went wit

yes thats what i did .it was nfcu 

Message 4 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job mrldp40Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

With almost any integer % (whether for revolving util, installment util, whatever) it's best to make sure you are at less than that %, rather than at it.  This has to do with how FICO does rounding.  If you are even a penny over 9%, FICO will round that up to 10%.

It's interesting that you only get 16 points for TU.  Most people do a lot better.  Does your TU report have derogs?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you apply for SSL?

As per Alliant, my SSL opened on 7/05...  Initially due date was 7/20, which has been moved  to a year later after reducing tge loan amount.     I was expecting a new account to show up on 8/01. .   DIdnt happen....   And as of today, there is no alert; meaning no new account from Alliant.reorted.

Something may have gone wrong possibly?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When did you apply for SSL?

As per Alliant, my SSL opened on 7/05...  Initially due date was 7/20, which has been moved  to a year later after reducing tge loan amount.     I was expecting a new account to show up on 8/01. .   DIdnt happen....   And as of today, there is no alert; meaning no new account from Alliant.reorted.

Something may have gone wrong possibly?

When a creditor reports an account (or a changed balance on an existing account) each CRA takes a while to update to update its database.  That's true whether it is a loan by Alliant, a credit card from Amex, whatever.  It typically takes 2-5 business days.  Then, after a CRA's database is updated, it can take a day or two for a credit monitoring system to detect the change and send you an alert.

Often there is a week difference between the creditor reporting the account and a person receiving an alert about it.  If you haven't seen anything by Wed noon (Aug 9) then something strange might be going on. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CGD - Thanks.  

Now I got new alerts and updated fico scores today

Roughly about 25-30 increase on both EQ ang TU, despite of 2 new accounts also reporting on the same day.    EX has updated new accounts only.

If there is anyone wondering about SSL technique, I can tell you it really works.  

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeffrey.  So glad you had a good experience.  So just to confirm, the Alliant loan has not yet appeared on your EX, right?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.