cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review My Profile!!!! 19 years old...

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Review My Profile!!!! 19 years old...

@Anonymous wrote:

Sarge12- Thank you for the advice. Right now I don't want a loan just to get one as I feel like it'd be spending money for no reason. Also I am new to the forums and am not certain how to quote people so sorry for just replying like this!

Not an unsound decision if you do not expect to apply for a mortgage in the not too distant future. In order to qualify for lowest interest on mortgage it may be needed, but as responsible as you appear to be, you may qualify on strength of cc alone.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 11 of 14
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tacpoly- it's a mix of three summer jobs, two jobs while at school and money from parents that goes towards school expenses. Hard work but worth it! I save what I can.

Holy cow!  When do you have time to study?  I had a job, research, and classes when I was at uni and I barely slept.  I decided to give up the job, but I was offered flexible hours so I stayed. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sarge12- definently good advice, I do appreciate it. I know I will have loans coming up for medschool so when the time comes I will be taking on those loans!

Message 13 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I know you have really good credit with really good cards.. may want to consider a Secured Share loan... 

it will solve the (not having a loan)... or just wait for the student loans..... 

It basically is less than the cost of a full 3 pack of reports and scores... (often referred to as the Yuppie Foodstamp Loan),  since the low rates and you get some back in interest on the locked "share"

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/penalized-for-not-having-installment-loan...

as well as this (more recent) link

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.