cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORE DROPPED 143 POINTS!!!! EQ Removed 9 Positve Tradelines From My Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCORE DROPPED 143 POINTS!!!! EQ Removed 9 Positve Tradelines From My Credit Report

Up until 2 days ago I had 12 positive accounts reporting to EQ, 9 of them were current & open. Now they are all gone & there are only 2 reporting, which are negative accounts. I've called & EQ just says that I would have to call each company & have them report them again because they have nothing to do with removing the accounts.
I've seen a discussion that mentioned a split file but the CSR didn't know anything about this.
Does anyone know how I can get EQ to correct this? I just don't see how all of the different companies just decided to stop reporting on the same day. And a couple of them are no longer in business.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCORE DROPPED 143 POINTS!!!! EQ Removed 9 Positve Tradelines From My Credit Report

From what source are you pulling the information that shows a 143 point drop? How old were the accounts?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCORE DROPPED 143 POINTS!!!! EQ Removed 9 Positve Tradelines From My Credit Report

myFICO & Credit Check Total are showing the drop. The oldest accounts were 2007 & 2008. The others were just opened in the last two years & the newest was opened this year in March. All these accounts were reporting on June 4th.  & as of yesterday they are all gone. But there are two new accounts that were opened in 2014 that are in collections that I had no idea about or what they are & an account that was removed last month due to me disputing it. 

Message 3 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

I have seen this happen when someone with the same name was reported as deceased.  My daughter in law spent over a year fixing this when her grandmother passed away.

but the big 3 listed as deceased so may not be the case.

Are the accounts still open and active?  Possible your file did split, are you over-pulling? Try and call EQ again and maybe you can talk to someone who has a clue.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pull 2x in the same month, could this be the reason? If so, do you know of a remedy to have the accounts placed back on the file?

Only EQ is showing the error.

Only 3 of the accounts are closed the others are open & current. 

I will definitely try to call again.

Message 5 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!! That thread was very helpful!!!!!!
Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Alee, welcome by the way! Glad you were able to find the info you needed. There is more where that came from on these threads!!!
Nice link elim.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.