Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL "lates" help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL "lates" help

I havent defaulted on 2 sallie mae SL's but I have some late pays on there,,,they wont give me any GW anyone have any other suggestions on how to remove the "late pays"
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SL "lates" help

SM will not delete accurate reporting. The goverment makes them report factually no matter what. I have NEVER heard of a GW letter working with SM. Sorry!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were to consalidate the loans with a Private company do you think I could get them off that way?
Message 3 of 7
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Nope they will be on there until they expire.  Trust me I know first hand.     That's why I truly think defaulting on a student loan is right next to BK in terms of it's effects.
Message 4 of 7
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

i have a loan through salliemae and they are attempting to work with me however its due to the fact that my payments were late while i was in military basic training.  I heard back from them today after i sent in a GW letter and they asked for me to send them a copy of the credit report showing this and we will go from there.  I am mailing that out and hoping that it will be enough for them to remove it, i mean i couldnt exactly make a payment with my face in the dirt getting yelled at Smiley Sad

i

Message Edited by jenkins on 06-25-2007 01:42 PM

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Boswd wrote:
Nope they will be on there until they expire.  Trust me I know first hand.     That's why I truly think defaulting on a student loan is right next to BK in terms of it's effects.

YES, very, very true!Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

motoracer wrote:
If I were to consalidate the loans with a Private company do you think I could get them off that way?

Nope. That approach has been tried many times.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.