Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO my wife was contacted by a debt consolidation company

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

SO my wife was contacted by a debt consolidation company

I was told to stay away from these things.  I was basically told what they do for you, you can do for yourself.  The are telling her to pull her credit report and send it to them along with $200 a month and they will 'fix' her credit.  As she is telling me this i say hey give me $200 a month and your credit report and let me go to work Smiley Happy but seriously arent these companies a rip off?  or are they worth the money?

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SO my wife was contacted by a debt consolidation company

mrs. jenkins should run...as fast as she can...in the opposite die-rec-shun of that thar' company....preferably with both hands covering her butt....
Message 2 of 5
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

haha i told her give me 200 a month and ill do it for her, just made this post to show her what others would say about it!

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

jenkins wrote:
they will 'fix' her

I extracted out the pertinent part where they told the truth.

They can fix ya alright. Like a neutered cat.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have to pay them on a monthly basis, how long will it take them to "fix" it? I don't think they are going to be in a hurry to do it in one month, or three, or six, or a year.  Meanwhile, you will have paid $200, $600, $1200, or $2400 -- and none of that goes to paying down the debt.  Keep your money, follow the suggestions on these forums, and DIY for free.  Good luck!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.