Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOFI Personal Loan - Unable to Verify Identity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOFI Personal Loan - Unable to Verify Identity

I have been approved for a SOFI personal loan but when I go to sign my docs, I get an error message back that says "Unable to verify identity." I called their customer service a couple of times and they suggested I use Google Chrome and to clear all cookies before signing. I did that and got the same error message. Has anyone else run into the same issue?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: SOFI Personal Loan - Unable to Verify Identity

Have you tried signing in via a different browser or a different computer and browser?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. First I used Safari on my Macbook Pro and then Chrome on the same computer. After the two failed attempts, SoFi put me on a 72-hour hold. Once the waiting period was over, I tried using Chrome on an iMac with all the cookies cleared as the CR suggested...still no luck.

Message 3 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the troubles. This is very odd.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 12
chriswith3
New Visitor

I am having the exact they told me to get ahold of Equifax and find out what's wrong but when I go to my Equifax credit report none of the questions were from it that I answered none of the above and the ones that we're on it I answered right

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering was this ever resolved? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit score is needed to apply? Is this a SP or HP? Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 12
Appleman
Valued Contributor

SoFi.com offers a SP option to qualify. If you take them up on the offer in the pre-qual you will get a HP and will hopefully be approved.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what a friend has told me stay away from SoFi, their customer service needs a LOT of work.

Some may get a loan quick and simple, more and more are having stupid issues over and over.

My friend was sent an email that he was approved and will be fuinded in a few days, then it all changed, and for a week now can get nothing done with them.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

SoFi is outstanding. The total process for me was 5 days.

OP, I had the same problem where it could not verify identity. Infact when I went to sign the DOCS and answered all the questions correctly twice it was unable to verify identity and then declined my application. I called customer service and explained what happend and they expedited the whole process over again and then went through no problem. The second time around they used Experian for my questions to verify identity and not Equifax.

I was approved for 50K but only took 25K.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.