Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL long Past Dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL long Past Dispute?

I have an old wireless acct from 2000 in collection. It appears on my CR 2x under two CA names. Should I DV this acct? The SOL is 4 years (Texas). Will this restart the SOL? Please help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL long Past Dispute?

Datgirl,

If it's been that long it should have fallen off altogether sometime last year if the DOFD was sometime in 2000 (I'm in TX too).  Remember TL's fall off 7-7.5 yrs after DOFD and even though your legal SOL is up CA's can still attempt to collect, they just can't sue you.  As for the same accts with 2 diff CAs there is a thread here somewhere with a sample ltr stating only one can collect.  The FICO pros can point you in that direction.

I would DV both CA's as well as send a ltr to the CRAs with the TL saying the reporting SOL is up and get it removed.  As for resetting SOL, unless you've made any transactions with that acct since DOFD it shouldn't reset.

Check the DOFD.

I hope I got that right!  You learn A WHOLE LOT here datgirlb!  This sight is a godsend.

SerenityBound....indeed!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.