Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSN Alias Watch and Public Records

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSN Alias Watch and Public Records

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the Fico Ultimate 3B because I am trying to rebuild my credit and was also a victim of identity fraud. I was able to get the fraud off of my credit reports (took over a year) but it looks like one of the addresses associated with the fraud is still linked to my social security card in the form of a public record. It came up in my identity analysis report. Is this something that I can get removed? I have a police report that I filed when the fraud happened. I had to use that report when I was working to clean up my credit reports from all three bureaus. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: SSN Alias Watch and Public Records

What kind of public record?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a fraudulent address. This same address created havoc on my credit reports but I was able to clear all of those things off of them. Bu when MYFICO scanned for blackmarket identity theft they found this same fraudulent address in my public records. I am wondering how I can wipe that away so  there is zero association between me and this fraudulent address. 

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am confused....

How did myFICO scan public records information outside of what was included in your credit report?

Credit reports and scoring are done by the CRAs, not Fair Isaac.  Fair Isaac does not retain or investigate public records information, it licenses its algorithms to the CRAs, who then do the scoring based on the consuemr's credit file.  If the CRA has corrected the addresses in your file, how is the address being provided by myFICO?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RobertEG 

My subscription is the "Fico Ultimate 3B" and within that they have a report that is called "identity analysis report" and "SSN Alias Watch provides information about fraudulent names, aliases, and addresses associated with your Social Security Number."  So this address that was part of my identity theft is still listed along with legitimate addresses. This address was taken off my credit reports but yet it was still included in the identity analysis report. I'm just not sure how that is possible... 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I just have to recorder all of my reports to see that the address was not put back on etc. Although I have a theft identity alert on all three reports now. I am understanding what you are saying...I think...That they are pulling this information directly from the reports. But they also have this section in that report called "black market website surveillance" which I am assuming is scanning 3rd party websites etc. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to look at your LexisNexis data. You can get a full disclosure report. This service is commonly used to obtain public records associated with not just SSN, but name aliases. You will be shocked to see the breadth of information this company has on people.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.