Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCB/AMAZON Hard Inquiry Out of Nowhere

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

SYNCB/AMAZON Hard Inquiry Out of Nowhere

I have a Walmart Credit Card. All of a sudden SYNCB/AMAZON hard pulled my credit out of nowhere. I have had the credit card for years. Why did this happen? Should I call them?

Thanks,

Dave

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: SYNCB/AMAZON Hard Inquiry Out of Nowhere

Did you apply for a CL recentlyI?
Are you sure it was a HP and not a SP by chance?

Did you by any chance not use your card for awhile, then use for a bigger purchase out of the blue?
Message 2 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

Have you checked into the possibility of ID theft?

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If you have not asked for a CLI, then something is up. There is still a possibility that they pulled your credit for another related reason, but you want to get to the bottom of it to make sure there isn't a bigger issue.

Calling them would be a good idea. If they did actually pull it, they need to be able to give you the reason why.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Synchrony's been doing a lot of unusual hard pulls lately. But this one's different. The others have come about three days after the initial hard pull for approval of a new card. Definitely call, ask what's up, and request that the pull be re-coded to soft.

Message 5 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Any chance you've been recently upgraded from a store card to a Visa/MasterCard?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Any chance you've been recently upgraded from a store card to a Visa/MasterCard?

When they converted DW it was a no pull  or sp only.  I think its an id problem or request for cli

Message 7 of 11
crys12065
Established Contributor

I applied for a credit card with them on Sunday and they did a HP to approve me and then yesterday they tried to do another HP but I had already locked my report so it just alerted me that they attempted to. I called and tried to find out why and they couldn’t really give me an answer. One lady said they do another HP when they issue the credit line but that made no sense to me. I’m just happy the report was locked and I didn’t get an extra pull. But I still don’t know why for sure.

In the garden until 2020
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crys12065 wrote:
I applied for a credit card with them on Sunday and they did a HP to approve me and then yesterday they tried to do another HP but I had already locked my report so it just alerted me that they attempted to. I called and tried to find out why and they couldn’t really give me an answer. One lady said they do another HP when they issue the credit line but that made no sense to me. I’m just happy the report was locked and I didn’t get an extra pull. But I still don’t know why for sure.

Approved the other day and also got 2 inquiries on TU! 1 from Amazon/Sync at time of approval then another from Sync the following day! What in the world is up with that?!

Message 9 of 11
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

I've never heard of this. Sync has been upgrading the Amazon store card to a Visa/Mastercard?

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.