cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCB auto-generated emails. A trial deposit to my Amazon Credit Builder? Hack?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank hacked or Identity theft or just marketing?

Lol, sponsered by Amazon😄
Message 31 of 41
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I got two emails at 4:16 CST.

Glad I checked here.

Synchrony needs to send an ‘Oops’ email now for the screw up.

Message 32 of 41
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Me three.

...or me four.

...or me too.

Whatevs.

Glad it wasn't just me.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 33 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Meanie, is that you?Smiley Wink
Message 34 of 41
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to chime in, too.  I also got these three emails.  Of course, the one that made me freak out the most was the "Action required on your application" subject line.  :-O  I'm readying myself for a Chase card in February and I don't need any snafus along the way.  

I couldn't get anyone in chat.  I called the number they gave me which kept hanging up on me and wouldn't connect.  Finally, I went through the app and contacted them through my Sony card.  He also gave me the whole script of where it was a "glitch" in their system.  I said that's well and good, but I want it noted on my account that I did NOT authorize any hard inquiries (should they arise) and I didn't authorize any new accounts to be opened, especially an "Amazon Creditbuilder."  (I'm one of the 10 people in America that doesn't use Amazon.  Smiley Very Happy)  He noted my account and said that they have been told to assure customers nothing will happen.  I'll be monitoring things very closely and let him know that at the first sign of something funny, I'll be contacting them back to rectify it.

Fingers crossed that everything is ok and they send out an email letting us know all is ok very soon!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 35 of 41
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Fraudulent synchrony Amazon credit builder loan?

Yep, got all three emails too! Of course I was at work and freaked at till I realized lots of other folks got Ito, LOL.
Message 36 of 41
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Omg...I received 2 exact emails from Synchrony bank Amazon and tried contacting credit bureaus is this a hack bbn or identity theft...Now I am panicking!!
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Synchrony just sent an email that it was an error and stated that there was NO data breach and our data is safe...

Annotation 2019-11-26 005956 2.jpg

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You beat me to it.
Message 39 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I got an apology email and a free Credit Card of my choiceSmiley Happy
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.