Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae (Ie Crooks)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae (Ie Crooks)

O.K. So I have these student loans with these crooks, Ive been paying more than minimum payments and I do some reading becasue things havent been adding up right and I find out that these people have been applying any overpayments to my next payment vs my principle.

Now as much as I enjoy paying interest on these loans Im finding it might be a little better for me to pay down the principle faster if its available for me to do so.

So my question is one how the heck do they get away with and two what can I do about it?

( And beleive me Im so sure its in my best interest and not theirs if I have my payments apply to my next payement vs my principle)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae (Ie Crooks)

I think they do it because they can  Smiley Happy

I pay extra on my mortgage, and I make very sure they know it goes to principal, and I check that it does.

You could try telling them terribly politely they have been doing it wrong, and will they back correct it and get it right in future

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 05-26-2007 02:05 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sallie Mae (Ie Crooks)

Just call ask them to apply extra payments to principle.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.