cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander says they report at the end of the following month of a late payment. Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander says they report at the end of the following month of a late payment. Help

I was rear ended and car totaled Oct 4. I have payment due on the 1st. I paid the october payment. To what I understand my November 1 payment would be 30 days late December 1 aand then they'd report me as 30 days late the end of the month. I would assume that they would do the same thing for 60 days late. Ie report it the end of January. However, santander slipped reporting 30 days late yet reported that i'm 60 days late and it's just barely 60 days late. My insurance company has been waiting over 3 weeks for them to send a letter of guarantee which they did send out but the same day they faxed it they reported me as 60 days late. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Santander says they report at the end of the following month of a late payment. Help

If I understand correctly, you paid your last car note on Oct 1 (no car note November 1, December 1, or January 1). Is this what you’re saying? It is now Jan 12, so technically yes, you are 60 days in arrears.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Santander says they report at the end of the following month of a late payment. Help

Welcome to My Fico..  welcomewave (1).gif

So sorry about your car.. 

Agree with CreditInspired's math..

HUCA  Hang up call again!

Stay on both the Insurance Co and Santander. Don't wait for them- be proactive.

When I got rear-ended, I was calling USAA daily and the other drivers insurance (Farmers).

My car wasn't financed but I still wanted to stay in front of whatever..

I had my checks in hand in 3 weeks so you need to be bugging them.

Lastly, I know it sucks but you are obligated to make the payments, even when your car is totaled, until the insurance & everything is settles.

That's how you protect your credit- if you pay and then insurance covers those pmts, you'll be reimbursed.

Good Luck.. 

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 @pickaboo
Car note still has to be paid. Makes no difference that car was totaled.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.