cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer just called from 313-995-1142 trying to phish for information.

tag
720Onward
Established Member

Scammer just called from 313-995-1142 trying to phish for information.

Not sure where to post this.  I posted under rebuilding your credit.  I hope it is okay to post here.  I just want to warn others.

I just received a call from phone number 313-995-1142.  It started as a prerecording stating they wanted me to save on interest.  A man with an Indian accent then came on the line.  He said he was calling on behalf of Visa. That he noticed I had quite a few cards (named different companies) with a balance of $3000.  This wasn't true so my spidy sense instantly went up.  I then said I was unsure as to why he was calling.  He said that he could guarentee me a 6% interest rate across the board and wanted me to confirm that I had a balance of $3000.  He didn't like me questioning him so I then asked him if I could have his phone number and call back.  He then said "Don't calling back, you're a f***ing idiot"  I then responded he wouldn't have to worry about that because it's obvious you're a con aritst. He then hung up.  While he was questioning me I could hear someone in the background say "keep going".   I've never posted here on myFico but felt like I needed to, to warn others.  By the way I called back and there's a record that states "the number you have reached has been disconnect".  If you get a call from that phone DO NOT give your informaion.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scammer just called from 313-995-1142 trying to phish for information.

Thanks for the info.  Did you Google that #?  I get 2-3 numbers per month that I Google and see they are con artists.  I block those numbers through Verizon, then the following month switch the blocked numbers to new ones as I have new numbers bothering me.  It seems to never end.  Nice job posting this though to create awareness.

Message 2 of 7
720Onward
Established Member

Yes, I did end up googling it.  That help me confirm that it was a scam artist as other folks (who answered their phones) said the same.  Those that didn't answer their phones said no message was left. 

It was also brought to my attention that there are scammers calling to claim to be with the IRS.  They are calling from phone # 509-252-0983. They also have Indian accents.  They are threating folks by saying if you don't give certain information the IRS is coming after you.

I never use to get calls like this.  I hope I don't get anymore...but it sounds like I may.

Message 3 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I got a call from a 800 number saying they were from Microsoft, and they wanted me to RUN some command on my computer, which I didnt I looked it up on google while they were on the phone it was like Eventviewer or something like that. They come from everywhere seems now

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  Smiley Wink  They're always after us!

Message 5 of 7
720Onward
Established Member

No problem Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this warning I will be on the lookout 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.