cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School Loan Goodwill Letter Worked!!! :-)

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: School Loan Goodwill Letter Worked!!! :-)

how did you manage to get salliemae to remove, i have been trying for months and havent been able to get any results.  My other one that is paid in full, the collection company agreed to remove it but they need something in writting from the Loan Manager at my old school and i cannot get in touch with her ive called emailed everything and nothing.  Im in a different state now so i cant just go into her office.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 48
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

oh and what address did you send the letter to?

Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's great!  It's a good thing you took action on that. 
Message 13 of 48
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

if i could get the address and person if any  you mailed this out to that would be great, also did you have to include your SSN? or account number? because i dont have the account number for one of them.

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!
Message 15 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not include my social or account number because I just forgot to. But I have a very unique first and last name so fortunately, it was probably very easy to locate. I also sent it to the billing department.
Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so awesome - congrats!
Message 17 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may not understand how student loans work to well but did you get a loan directly with US Dept of Ed or did it get sent to them from a lender after you defaulted? I am just curious if I should send my letter to Wells Fargo or US Dept of Ed.

Thanks,
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a loan directly with the U.S. Department of Education when I was in college. The loan was consolidated about 5-6 years later and is now with a private company.
Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.....I have a pell grant that I had to pay back at my college that turned in to a collection and went to US Dept of Ed that I am going to attempt this on even though they over the phone say there is NO appeal in the process but the collection is killing my score.
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.