cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School Loan Goodwill Letter Worked!!! :-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: School Loan Goodwill Letter Worked!!! :-)

Mine are thru KY Higher Ed/Student Loan People. However, if I get a no from them I will write to dept of Ed.
Message 31 of 48
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

netpanther wrote:
Mine are thru KY Higher Ed/Student Loan People. However, if I get a no from them I will write to dept of Ed.

i got a no from sallie mae and the woman who i need to get to give the company an ok to remove the lates from my other will not answer any of my calls or emails.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh. sorry to hear that. I am still going to try w/ KHELSC/studentloanpeople. I guess all I can do is one step at at time.
Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if I should just go ahead tommorrow and send the same letter directly to Dept of Ed while I am sending to the KY handler. Any suggestions anyone?
Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent had a problem with disputing my edu loans. I do not remember sending in a payment late and I disputed the mark on my credit. All in all, the loans in their entirety were removed from my credit report. Dunno, I guess the gov't is busier doing other things?
Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you dispute with the actual holder of your loans or did you go straight to dept of ed?
Message 36 of 48
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

i want to send this letter out to the ED too but i want to make sure i have the right address and im hoping the person who started this thread will come back in here and post the address he used i hate to send this letter out and it end up in someones trash because it ended up in the wrong place.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
Did you dispute with the actual holder of your loans or did you go straight to dept of ed?

I was the Florida State EDU Financial office. Atleast that is how it was reported on my Credit Report. I had special financing through the state due to my parents inability of income/pay.
Message 38 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's already on my credit report so that shouldn't hurt me- something in my guts is telling me to start w/ KY holder and then go higher as the loans were originated in KY.

Any thoughts? suggestions?Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
Well, it's already on my credit report so that shouldn't hurt me- something in my guts is telling me to start w/ KY holder and then go higher as the loans were originated in KY.

Any thoughts? suggestions?Smiley Happy

You say a KY holder? is this the University of Kentucky or someone that held the loan? Mine wasn't through Florida State University, it was through the State of Florida.
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.