Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score is Climbing and I got a BofA VISA!!! YEAH

tag
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Score is Climbing and I got a BofA VISA!!! YEAH

I just found out I got a BofA VISA (unsecured!!)

Thanks to all of the wonderful people on the forum who share their expertise, experience and knowledge -- I started out in the mid 500's in July and now I am into the high 600-Low 700 range (depending on CRA).

I am not going on an Application spree--but I wanted a solid VISA card and so I took the chance and applied. Now...no more apps for at least 1 year.

Happy New Year!!! I can't believe how great this feels!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score is Climbing and I got a BofA VISA!!! YEAH

Congrats on your BofA VISA!!!Question...what kinda scores did you have when you applied?
Message 2 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Ozgirl. Ditto on the scores.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

What they said  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to know the CL, APR, promo.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You go Ozgirl!!!!
Message 6 of 17
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Here are the details requested:

TU 7/07: 537
EQ 7/07: 561
EXP7/07: 532

TU 1/08: 717
EQ:1/08: 680
EXP:1/08:694

The past 6 months have been a lot of hard work! But it has paid off! The CL on this card is low $2500 but it is something and I will ask for an increase in a few months.

After receiving no "offers" from BofA I was feeling pretty down--especially when I considered the amount of $$$ we have in the bank. DH lives in Hong Kong most of the time so he really has no use for another US card. I was complaining about BofA to DH who suggested I go directly to the bank and speak with someone. Well, ironically, a "pre-approved" message appeared before I even went to the bank. So, I went in spoke with the manager and was very up front...I knew exactly what my report looked like (not too bad after all of the clean-up) and told him that I wanted the card but I did not want to apply, get denied and take a hit for the inquiry. Certainly DH could get me a card with a much higher limit but I wanted one on my own! I also indicated that we would have no problem moving our deposits from BofA if they did not come through for me. Anyway, I got one...so now I am happy. For some reason I have a suspicion that our relationship with the bank etc influenced the decision--maybe I am wrong. I also, don't know how much household income influenced decision--I would think that based on household income they would have given me a much higher CL--but I am not complaining
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is some great work in 6 months.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats ozgirl! Job well done, and keep up the good work. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the info, nice work....and Congrats!!!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.