Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score up over 200 points in a year!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score up over 200 points in a year!!

Just wanted to Share some encouragement to those just starting credit repair. It's definitely doable and you don't have to pay anyone to do it for you. I had to get a crappy apartment because I had bad credit last year. I got a car note for a vehicle with over 100k miles on it with a high APR. saying all this that I was fed up and decided to take action. I have some current open disputes and hoping those fall of as well.

I have a discover card (secured) that made it through the rough times had it for 4 years. Not graduated but I understand why. I have a Amex optima card on the way that would put me at 2 cards so I'm off to a great start. Posted a photo of my credit hope it shows up. Never posted a photo here before. 1058A539-DAE4-4E59-902D-62F5E1D9FCBF.jpeg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Score up over 200 points in a year!!

Great job on the rebuild progress and congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success! You're doing great on your credit journey.

Message 3 of 12
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to Share some encouragement to those just starting credit repair. It's definitely doable and you don't have to pay anyone to do it for you. I had to get a crappy apartment because I had bad credit last year. I got a car note for a vehicle with over 100k miles on it with a high APR. saying all this that I was fed up and decided to take action. I have some current open disputes and hoping those fall of as well.

I have a discover card (secured) that made it through the rough times had it for 4 years. Not graduated but I understand why. I have a Amex optima card on the way that would put me at 2 cards so I'm off to a great start. Posted a photo of my credit hope it shows up. Never posted a photo here before. 1058A539-DAE4-4E59-902D-62F5E1D9FCBF.jpeg

That is a great rebuild outcome. I thought I was doing good putting a 100+ on my score in 1 year (well it was good but yours is great).

congrats.gif

It's usually easier to get some great score boost when your credit is wayyyy down. When you raise up to decent levels the points are a little harder to get.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is a great rebuild outcome. I thought I was doing good putting a 100+ on my score in 1 year (well it was good but yours is great).

congrats.gif

It's usually easier to get some great score boost when your credit is wayyyy down. When you raise up to decent levels the points are a little harder to get.

Yeah it will. But my credit personally ain't done. I'm 100% confident my credit score will be in the 700's before this year is up. I was still in the 500's last month. I started really working on my credit in the beginning of May and it has made a huge jump to now. More than expected honestly. And that's not even with half the stuff off my report so I can only imagine what it will look like in December after I'm done repairing it. Below shows my report 2 months ago which was 561. I love watching those dots go higher and higher every month. Once I hit the 700's I won't care as much. This will be the year. 💪💪E10E2FB1-1274-4458-B5BC-CA570AA5FD46.jpeg

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Nice score increase!!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Once you see that constant score increase (at least me Smiley Tongue) it becomes almost addictive to see just how far up it can go! When my score was in the 400s, I didn't even want to see it! Like, I just wished it didn't exist. Congrats, once again!

Message 7 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations OP!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Once you see that constant score increase (at least me Smiley Tongue) it becomes almost addictive to see just how far up it can go! When my score was in the 400s, I didn't even want to see it! Like, I just wished it didn't exist. Congrats, once again!

Your absolutely right. I see me checking my score more daily. When I was in the 400's I deleted all the credit apps from my phone. Now I'm constantly thinking of things I can do to increase it. 

Message 9 of 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

That's what I'm talking about I wasn't as low as 400s but my siggy is right too with my 200 jump in a year-ish  Smiley Very Happy      That jump is AWESOME though and I hope you keep it up (I'm goofing off sort of for DP's but will be back at it soon) Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.