cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score went down for wrong info and when that was removed didn't go back to original - help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score went down for wrong info and when that was removed didn't go back to original - help

Call the company you paid the SL too, see if they can send you anything showing it was PIF or call the OC.

Don't mention the inquiry or anything. Just that you need proof that you did repay the loan.

Once you have that, if you are certain that this CA did the inquiry because of the SL, then send them the non-PP letter.

If they don't remove on their own, you can try filing complaints with the BBB and your AG.

If no result, your next step is to take it to court.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score went down for wrong info and when that was removed didn't go back to original - help

I had a charged off credit card on my reports for 4 yrs that was not active. Out of the blue it showed up on my report with 27 lates. I disputed it and Cap 1 corrected, all 3 agencies corrected. My prob is, 2 agencies increased my score by 11 & 23 points, while Experian stayed the same.  The 27 lates are gone, how did my score not change? And of course I only need 8 points from Exp to qualify for my new home loan!!!!  I disputed but they will take 30 days with no guarentee they'll correct.  Any ideas?  It was disputed once when taking the lates off, doesn't seem right the dispute should start over at 30 days again!
Message 12 of 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Advise, on what basis did you dispute? They corrected the error. You can't dispute score. Please be careful when disputing with the CRAs, bad things can come of it, such as putting the baddies back on your CR.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was charged off 4 yrs ago when my ex husband was responsible for it but did not pay. When I realized it was on my report 5 mths later, I called Cap 1 & began a pmt plan to which they've drafted all these yrs. Up until March 09, all has been fine, then 27 lates popped up from nowhere. I called Cap 1 & they said they made an error by making the acct "active" & reported to the agencies the correction. All 3 agencies removed & 2 updated the score. Exp updated, but the score did not move. I phoned the 800 number my mortgage lender gave me & the rep suggested I dispute since it sounded like an error on the score update since 1 agency gave me 23 points & the other gave 11 points. She said she's heard of the error happening many times & I needed to dispute so my score would raise & hopefully qualify again for my loan. Boy, hope I didn't mess up taking her advise but she was an Exp rep so I believed her. I have my settings set to notify me if the score increases, but the website states they only notify on scores once a wk; not sure when that will be.
Message 14 of 16
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

same thing happened to me...I filed bk7 may 2007...I noticed a credit card had lates after this date..so I disputed it..now this was experian only though...they not only didnt remove the lates they added that the chargeoff was march 2009!!!! AND added $1300 as as balance!!!...my score went down 15 points!!!....I think this is an experian issue though because they took off abunch of lates after may 2007 on other accounts too and a month later they were all back..!!! not sure what to do now...

also mine said sold too ...the $1300 balance one ...

I don't know what to do either..I have all kinds of errors on my experian report and I honestly think it is them as I don't have any on transunion at all and only 1 on equifax...I disputed some things on experian and they have a disputed 2 open accounts that are in good standing and one shows chargeoff due to bankruptcy in 2007 when I got the card after my bankruptcy !!!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NeedAdviseBadly wrote:
It was charged off 4 yrs ago when my ex husband was responsible for it but did not pay. When I realized it was on my report 5 mths later, I called Cap 1 & began a pmt plan to which they've drafted all these yrs. Up until March 09, all has been fine, then 27 lates popped up from nowhere. I called Cap 1 & they said they made an error by making the acct "active" & reported to the agencies the correction. All 3 agencies removed & 2 updated the score. Exp updated, but the score did not move. I phoned the 800 number my mortgage lender gave me & the rep suggested I dispute since it sounded like an error on the score update since 1 agency gave me 23 points & the other gave 11 points. She said she's heard of the error happening many times & I needed to dispute so my score would raise & hopefully qualify again for my loan. Boy, hope I didn't mess up taking her advise but she was an Exp rep so I believed her. I have my settings set to notify me if the score increases, but the website states they only notify on scores once a wk; not sure when that will be.

What website are you speaking about that monitors your EX score?

On the other score changes, were did you get those?

Sounds like you are talking about FAKO scores and not FICO scores.

Is your lender giving you the score changes?

You can't dispute a score-- only the information on your report. So, if the account is reporting correct, there is nothing more to do.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-04-2009 11:13 PM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.