Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores Updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores Updating

My last MyFico scores updates were on 09/04/16. EQ 572 EX 620. TU has not updated since 08/24/2016. I have had changes to my revolving balances, collection accounts removed since then. The last update on 09/04/2016 notified me of a new tradline, but nothing since the reduction of my balances or removed collections. Does anyone know why that is? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scores Updating

Balance updates are often delayed inserting into the bureau dataset, and then there's sometimes a delay in the monitoring solution.

Tradeline deletions like collection removals aren't ever tracked unfortunately; though in TU's case you will occasionally get a score update without a reason and that does encompass prior changes like deletions of collections and other non-trigger events.

The monitoring solutions were originally written by the bureaus for the lenders: lenders don't care when old negative information goes away, only when new negatives get added... makes sense unfortunately even if it isn't ideal from our perspective as consumers.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores Updating

Yeah it's highly frustrating how each bureau works. My Eexperian score is a big 40 points lower than my TU and Equifax. Don't get it and it's very annoying especially when your trying to get approved for a loan.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.