Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured BOA to unsecured, raised limit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured BOA to unsecured, raised limit.

My scores are finally in the 700’s. Had everything bad drop off, and my scores range anywhere from 732-759! Never thought I would see the day. Thanks for all who previously helped me.

So I have one credit card; which was a BOA secured. I put down 500 bucks on it, and they refunded that in December and raised my limit to 2k. Now, it’s not really necessary other than I want more available credit so I’m not considered in the lowest tier of available credit, butttt. How long should I wait to ask for another Credit limit increase? Since they just gave me an additional 1,500, should I just leave it alone? I keep all my utilization under 11% regardless, and only really use it to help grow my credit score.

Any help would be appreciated
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured BOA to unsecured, raised limit.

Congrats on the growth!

If you can for maximizing your scores, keep util 8.9% or under.

BOA is more than likely a hard pull for requesting CLI and my records show 2-6 months, err on that 6 months, and 

you might want to wait a few more.

Since it is a HP, maybe reconsider about apping for a second card....but if so,

just please either ask or read some threads looking to find the best

second card to go for with your profile and needs.

good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured BOA to unsecured, raised limit.

I also got my deposit of $99 returned, but my card still at $500. It's ok for me, just wanted to get in with BOFA (has this card for 15 months now) and apply for others later. With BOFA, you can apply for a card and CLI with one HP.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.