Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Finance/Continental Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Security Finance/Continental Credit

My credit report is 33-34 pages long because of Security Finance accounts.  Continental Credit is also Security Finance.  I have talked to Continental Credit and Equifax several times, disputed with Equifax twice about 4 accounts that still say opened accounts and am now waiting on them. I disputed saying they were closed accounts.

What I am wondering is, do I have to wait for all of those accounts to fall off of Security Finance (most say closed/current, or would you try to write a letter and see if they would take some of them off, or just leave it alone.  Each year at least 3 will fall off. This will take like  7 years for them all to go off. There are like 4 accounts that show 30,60 days late.  Each time you have a 30 day late it shows up 1 deliquency, am I right?

The girl from Continental Credit today asked me when I was going to make my payment. I said I have 1 payment left (she just got my last payment yesterday. I said I'll make it tonight if you will not show that I had that 30 day payment late.  (I have paid the last 3 months, its just running a month behind.) She said she couldn't change that, it was automatic.  So the final thing is this

Cont. Credit Bal 103.00 due now, and final payment.
19 Security Finance accounts. (4 disputed -should be closed)
all accounts are current/paid except 4 say 30,60 days late.
Should I leave those alone? I'm getting mad because EQ won't put close/current on those 4.
I was just trying to shorten my credit report. Is that a bad idea?

Message Edited by wantingbettercredit on 02-28-2008 05:22 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Security Finance/Continental Credit

Security Finance has a habit of not reporting closed.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Security Finance/Continental Credit

Ok, I'll try to contact the Security Finance Company via letter and explain that I have disputed this back in the summer/fall and now and see if they will take it off.

Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.