Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Freeze

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Security Freeze

Simple. Do you lock your doors at night? Its free and easy to thaw for set periods of time. Frozen.

Message 11 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@911gt34life wrote:

i am wondering how many you guys don't have security freeze on your report not sure if leave open or close 

None of mine are (nor have been) frozen, including third party agencies. I periodically monitor things across all of them. Personal preference 😎

Message 12 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Simple. Do you lock your doors at night? Its free and easy to thaw for set periods of time. Frozen.

Simple depends on the individual. Not everyone locks their doors at night and it depends where one lives. Everyone can make their own informed choices and preferences.

Message 13 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Simple depends on the individual. Not everyone locks their doors at night and it depends where one lives. Everyone can make their own informed choices and preferences.

@FinStarBig city dude here. Home invasions not uncommon. Guess some parts dont lock doors. No reason too. Sorry. Went by if its not locked (frozen) looking for trouble. Heck cant even leave a unattended garage door open. They run up the driveway and help themselves.

Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@FinStarBig city dude here. Home invasions not uncommon. Guess some parts dont lock doors. No reason too. Sorry. Went by if its not locked (frozen) looking for trouble. Heck cant even leave a unattended garage door open. They run up the driveway and help themselves.

@FireMedic1 - I've lived in large metropolitan cities, here and abroad including the countryside.

Bottom line, to the OPs question, some people can freeze them, others do not. It is a matter of personal preference and a choice. It isn't a requirement to do so since millions of consumers do not freeze their reports. As we say around these parts, you do you. Obviously, for individuals who have experienced the unfortunate ugly side of compromised instances of a breach, ID theft or others who want to take extra precautions it's perfectly understandable just as those individuals who prefer their reports unfrozen for their own reasons.

Message 15 of 16
mgood
Valued Contributor

Mine are not currently frozen. I had them frozen for some time but thawed them in preparation for an application. Now that that's done, I'll probably go back and freeze them again, maybe this week.

If nothing else, it's an extra hurdle I have to get over to apply for something. Gives me a little extra time to think about whether I want to take that HP to apply for this card or stay in the garden a little longer. Also for those CLI requests that can't promise if it will be a HP or SP, if they're frozen I can tell them to go right ahead.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.