Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advice on improving credit score after cosmetic surgery loan

tag
nikhatyadav8
New Visitor

Seeking advice on improving credit score after cosmetic surgery loan

Hello everyone,

My name is Nikhat Yadav. Recently, I underwent cosmetic dentistry surgery, which I paid for with a loan from a private bank. Although my loan was approved and the surgery was successful, I am now worried about my credit score. I have been making timely payments, but I fell behind on my last two installments due to some unforeseen circumstances. I am seeking advice on how to improve my credit score and get back on track with my payments. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Seeking advice on improving credit score after cosmetic surgery loan

When the balance gets lower and lower. Score will go higher to a point. But with 2 lates (installments) it wont recover as it was before with lates. Or as fast. The lates will affect you for for yrs.

Message 2 of 3
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Seeking advice on improving credit score after cosmetic surgery loan

Any late payments will affect your score. The affect will be lessen over time and go away completely in 7 years when the lates drop off your report. The best thing you can do is not have any more late payments. How late they are also matters, 60 days is worse than 30, 90, and 120 days worse still. 

Are you current now? Do you expect to be able to stay current? If not, are there optional expenses you can reduce (eating out, drinking out, ordering in, etc.) How about some extra income?

Have you pulled your credit report to see what is actually there? 

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.