Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Student Loan Amounts on Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Separate Student Loan Amounts on Report

This may sound a little strange, but I was wondering if anyone with student loans has ever tried separating out each individual loan taken out to help increase their credit history?

Currently, all my loans are through one lender but they appear on my credit report as a single amount. I was hoping that if I can set this to show each loan that was taken out for my semesters, that it would increase my overall age of credit history and number of on time payments.

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Separate Student Loan Amounts on Report

This sounds like you have consolidated your loans, so there is only one active loan the others are paid off and should be showing as closed with 0 balance. I do not think there is anyway to go back after a consolidation.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I've only ever had the one active loan account. I guess the creditor went head and consolidated the loans on their own. 

Message 3 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

How old are your loans?
When I got my student loans "back in the day" it always showed up as 1 loan (per issuer). Fast forward to now, my SO has a separate loan for each semester.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loans started in 2012.

My SO has loans that started at the same time as me and she's got separate loans per semester. I'm just wondering why they were applied differently.

Because of that, her length of credit history is longer than mine. I know it doesn't particularly matter in the long run, but it does help increase her average credit age. And it'd at least help me for now until I have some more credit history.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.