Did you mean: 

Settled charge off

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Settled charge off

It will stay on your CR, but annotated with "Paid, settled for less"
The account stays, but updates stop.
Account will be removed no later than 7.5 years from DOFD.
You can grab a copy of free annual credit report and see either DOFD or projected removal date.

We still cannot answer the refund question, because it's unclear what happened to it.
Did you just forgot about it and fees + interest accumulated?
Did someone else make additional charges?

You said it's yours, then you said you got statements and it's not yours, so we're all tripping there.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes a little clarification would allow us to possibly help you more.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account is mine. To my knowledge the account was paid in full which was confirmed. I went about my life and had not used the card. Fast forward to 18 I have a charge off on my report.

While trying to investigate this charge off and figure how what the charges were I was able to obtain copies of the statements, that I had never previously had access too. Once I confirmed they were not charges I authorized or made I reported it.
Message 13 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Thank you for clarifying
Hopefully this is not a case where a fee or something continued to accumulate interest.
If your balance was truly 0, you should push this as far as you can to ensure that refund.
I still urge you to consult an attorney, most provide initial brief consult for free

In the meanwhile, wait for that letter, and report back when you receive it because your next step will simply depend on what the letter says.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for responding and reading my situation once again! I will update with the outcome after I receive the creditors response/resolution. Let’s hope they return my payment!

Thank you
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thank you for clarifying we wish you the best and look forward to you reporting back.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.