Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled in full Charge off disappeared from CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settled in full Charge off disappeared from CR

I settled a CO 2yrs ago which was reported and reflected on my CR. They were just suddenly removed from TU and EX. I'm not complaining, but why was it removed after 2 years? I thought they stayed for 7yrs. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: Settled in full CO disappeared from CR.

Who was the OC?

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settled in full CO disappeared from CR.

It was Comcast

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settled in full Charge off disappeared from CR

@Anonymous wrote:

I settled a CO 2yrs ago which was reported and reflected on my CR. They were just suddenly removed from TU and EX. I'm not complaining, but why was it removed after 2 years? I thought they stayed for 7yrs. 

Since the removal is not considered "accurate reporting", you should prepare for it to show up again.  (Unfortunately).  On the other hand, let's hope the OC is being very, very nice.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some research and found out that the OC was involved in a class action settlement with my state of residence. One of the stipulations was OC recalling and removing accounts from CBR where an early term fee was charged between 2015 and 2017. My account did become delinquent in 2016 so I think I fall in that category. Should I call the OC and collection agency to ask if thats why it was removed? I'm gonna be applying for a mortgage in a month and I just don't want any last minute surprises. 

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I did some research and found out that the OC was involved in a class action settlement with my state of residence. One of the stipulations was OC recalling and removing accounts from CBR where an early term fee was charged between 2015 and 2017. My account did become delinquent in 2016 so I think I fall in that category. Should I call the OC and collection agency to ask if thats why it was removed? I'm gonna be applying for a mortgage in a month and I just don't want any last minute surprises. 

No dont call, it costs money to report and delete a paid one isnt likely coming back.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.