Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharebuilder + credit check

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Sharebuilder + credit check

Hi. Has anyone opened a sharebuilder's account recently and if so, was it a hard or soft pull on credit report?  Please specify what kind of account you open because i am thinking about opening a roth ira account with option trading.  I asked them but I don't really trust what they say.  Also, will a new account appear on the report?  I'm still looking for a house and don't want to get denied because of new account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Quips
Regular Contributor

Re: Sharebuilder + credit check

@joestay wrote:

Hi. Has anyone opened a sharebuilder's account recently and if so, was it a hard or soft pull on credit report?  Please specify what kind of account you open because i am thinking about opening a roth ira account with option trading.  I asked them but I don't really trust what they say.  Also, will a new account appear on the report?  I'm still looking for a house and don't want to get denied because of new account.

I opened 2 SB accounts in the last 6 months - one is an IRA that I funded with a partial rollover from my 401K. They other is an after tax account that I fund with bi weekly deposits. I did not get any credit pulls - but I didn't apply for margin trading. Nothing has hit my credit report.

I think you should open up the Roth but don't do the option trading until you get the mortgage.

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 2 of 5
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Quips,

I think I'll follow your advice with opening the roth without the option trading for now.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA lists as a permissible purpose for receiving a consumer credit report any business transaction initiated by the consumer for which the business has a legitimate need to review the consumer's report.

The FCRA does not regulate how such inquiries are coded by the CRAs.  Thus, if you initiate a business transaction, you give them permissible purpose.

How it is coded is an unregulated administrative matter controlled by the CRAs, for which they have not published any guidelines or procedures.

Message 4 of 5
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Bump.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.