Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Cart Trick 2018

What if you have multiple addresses on your Experian credit report, which one should you use, and what is the lowest your score can be?

I tried it for my husband and it didn't work, but he has a few variations of our address and old addresses on his report and I'm wondering if that's the reason it's not working.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick 2018

I used incognito mode and started with my current address. Was prepared to try previous ones but did not need to. It worked for me. My scores were in the 650 range before the pop ups worked for me.  The SCT cards I did get (3 of them )

I do regret getting now, well 2 of the 3. One I do actually like and use. The others I rarely do use. Waste of accounts that affected my average age. 

Good luck and I hope you get the ones your hoping to get. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What 3 stores. I got VS, NY&Co, Boscovs & Simplybe 7 months ago when my credit score was 510. I'm now up at 605. I want an electronic store or how to do the SCT for a visa
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Be careful trying to use this trick too often. Remember credit is a marathon not a sprint and you only need 3 credit cards to maximize your scores. Too many SCT cards from Comenity can have many possible side affects ie Comenity shutting you down, getting stuck in toy limit pergatory or even ending up with cards you later regret as you learn more about credit cards and the best way to improve your profile. Look into possibly getting secured bank cards to start setting foundations . Just my average penny for the big bangSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you do it? I'm using my phone it's all I have and my score is 525. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it's not working.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never used the SCT, but I can say it's better to get 1 or 2 cards from stores you really use vs ones you don't.  When your scores are in the sub-prime level it's hard to get and you won't usually wont get a meaningful CL (over 1k).  Get the favorite store one and use wisely then "garden" and as your scores rises over time get the ones that make your heart go "pitty pat" but not through SCT because that will shut you down faster then you think ..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.