Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Sales

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short Sales

Does anyone know the affect of a Short Sale on ones credit. Since it is a settlement with the lender, will it affect the credit report negatively or not even be reported. I am yet to see a short sale on a credit report, but with the number of people in default, I am curious as to how it would report. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short Sales

boheme wrote:
Does anyone know the affect of a Short Sale on ones credit. Since it is a settlement with the lender, will it affect the credit report negatively or not even be reported. I am yet to see a short sale on a credit report, but with the number of people in default, I am curious as to how it would report. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I assume you mean settling the debt for less than the amount owed, I would request tha the lender agree to report it Paid instead of settled.  If they charge off the rest it is still a charge off and yu may rceive a W9 to claim the difference as income.

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-17-2007 04:55 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short Sales

Brammy,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think if the consumer does not "request it to be reported as paid" that it will the negatively affect the credit?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.