Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

Quick note to all those folks with posts that go un answered...

Keep them short!!!! If you need to create more than one post to get your answers, then do that.

I come here to these boards daily to try and make a contribution or help with an answer to a question that no one else has and I end up crossing my eyes at 200 word essays. Smiley Indifferent

Help us... Help You!

Sorry for the rant.

Take Care.

Rob
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

FICO_Focused wrote:

Keep them short!!!! If you need to create more than one post to get your answers, then do that.

I come here to these boards daily to try and make a contribution or help with an answer to a question that no one else has and I end up crossing my eyes at 200 word essays. Smiley Indifferent

Help us... Help You!

Sorry for the rant.

Take Care.

Rob

Hit the nail on the head FICO. There is no need to explain how you got where you are....we have all been there or are still there.
Don't be embarrassed to ask the same question more then once. clearing credit can be very confusing!.
Message 2 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:

Hit the nail on the head FICO. There is no need to explain how you got where you are....we have all been there or are still there.
Don't be embarrassed to ask the same question more then once. clearing credit can be very confusing!.

Yeah I almost think there should be a sticky stating something similar for all to read.

Rob
Message 4 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Bump for title
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

thanks for this post.  i can be a good editor but almost unreadable writer at times Smiley Sad. your reminder can be helpful for newbies and vets alike!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How else is my novel going to get published? - Thanks myFICO!
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

debtisgood wrote:
How else is my novel going to get published? - Thanks myFICO!

ROFL. Ditto that sentiment!
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO_Focused wrote:

Help us... Help You!

Sorry for the rant.

Take Care.

Rob

I agree and disagree. While brevity is an admirable goal, I often see this turn of events:

Poster posts a brief question, keeping it short and sweet.

Two more posters copy and paste the original post, and ask three or four follow questions, which are necessary before they can accurately respond to the original question.

Seems to me that it's easier to just put in all pertinent facts in the original post, and avoid the inevitable follow-up questions.

Just my opinion.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wholeheartedly agree Cheech. Even the ones (such as myself) who post all the info the 1st time around end up answering additional questions just to get an answer to the original post (and a lot of times the info asked is in the original post in my case). I prefer short and sweet but obviously this "credit thing" isn't a rabbit's race...

To my defense though, I bullet point my actual questions at the end of my novel for those that want to "get to the point." My posts create a happy medium for those that want to skim but if you simply do that and avoid the "novel"...sometimes you end up being one of the ones that ask something already stated in the "novel."
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.