Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be concerned?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I be concerned?

My score just took a dip from "A" to "B".  In reviewing my report I see hard inquiries from CBA/Mortgage Services.  I never heard of them before now and have never applied for credit with any mortgage company other the current mortgage holder.  Is this phantom hard inquiry worthy of a protest from me?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I be concerned?

If it's the only thing hurting your score it's worth it. Check with the company first to see if it's legit. If you disagree, send a validation letter, it's only a stamp and about 5 minutes of time. Good luck.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

bluefishdeep wrote:

My score just took a dip from "A" to "B".  In reviewing my report I see hard inquiries from CBA/Mortgage Services.  I never heard of them before now and have never applied for credit with any mortgage company other the current mortgage holder.  Is this phantom hard inquiry worthy of a protest from me?

Did this appear at the same time you applied with your current holder?

It sounds like a 3rd party company that some lenders can use to get your report.

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

bluefishdeep wrote:

Hi, bluefishdeep, welcome to the forums!

I agree with the previous posts, and I also wanted to mention that it appears that you are talking about Vantage Scores, which use an A-B-C type ranking. You're probably getting these from some sort of credit monitoring service. Just so you're aware, very few lenders use these scores, which are not FICO scores.

So keep using the credit report access feature, but don't get tied up in your scores from there, because unfortunately, they're FAKO's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.