cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I contact the CRA to update that 2 of my collections have been paid?

tag
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Should I contact the CRA to update that 2 of my collections have been paid?

I paid online and I have receipts for the collections.  Should I send copies of the reciepts to the CRA?  I want my credit reports to be updated in a timely fashion and I dont know how long it will take for this CA to update the info.
Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I contact the CRA to update that 2 of my collections have been paid?

No you don't need to send it in.   You can either wait 30 days and check to see if it has been updated or for quicker results,  dispute it on all three  as balance 0 and paid.    this will take up to 30 days to complete.

BUT HOLD ON TO THOSE RECORDS with your life.    Keep them safe either in a safe deposit box or a fire proof safe.    Once your accounts get caught in the white underbelly part of society that is know as Collections, funny things happen.   Accounts get mistakenly sold if not closed out properly.  Keep your records safe and sound.
Message 2 of 6
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I dont trust CA to report as they should. I will be hanging onto those documents Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I would wait a week and then dispute as paid and the balance amount as 0.   I wouldn't wait for them, I really wouldn't
Message 4 of 6
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I think that is what I will do!
Message 5 of 6
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I did do this with 2 of the 3 credit reports  eqifax you have to write to them.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.