cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should an account of my wifes be on my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should an account of my wifes be on my credit report?

On a reverse note, I have been an authorized user on my mothers Chase account for about a year now, and none of my credit reports show it. I assume maybe Chase does not report AU's? I even have a card with my name on it. Joined her account before finding this board thinking it would be a positive punch to my score.....mother has almost perfect history. Now that I have accumulated my own cards, it really doesn't matter anymore.....just curious.

Any ideas?
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase does report.  My mother and I were both listed as AU's on my dad's card that is a CO now.  I disputed as "AU only please remove" and it has been deleted from my mom's CR (EX &TU) waiting on my results from all three and hers from EQ.  I've done it before...disputed thru the big 3 and it was gone.  Simple as that.
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can disputes be done through the reports purchased here at myFICO or do they have to be done directly through each bureau's report?
Message 23 of 32
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

fused111 wrote:

SavannahMan wrote:
My wife openeda credit card account with a dept. store before we married. After we got married she added me to the account as an authorized user although I have never used the acccount. This account now shows up on my credit report although I did'nt sign any agreement with this company.
Is this legal? and can I have it removed even though we are still married?

Yes, this is legal and you potentially benefit from it.  The fact that your wife did this and is it legal, not sure.  But after reading this post, you shouldn't care.  Read on...By being an AU on your wife's dept store card and assuming there is nothing negative being reported on this card, you have a nice aging tradeline (TL) reporting on you credit reports.  If however, something is negative on this tl then it will ding your score.  If everything is positive, do not remove yourself as an AU.  You could potentially take a major hit to your scores.  By the way, do you know your FICO scores.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  Lolly, lolly, lolly ....  lolly's going to be stuck in my head, all night long!  That and Conjunction Junction ... what's your function??? 
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done them here and at TC through their online dispute process.  You can print out a copy of exactly what you've disputed and when they are done with their investigation they email you the results along with a link to view more info regarding the decisions.

EQ still requires a letter and if you dispute EQ at myfico you can print out a letter that needs the last 4 of your SS# and your signature and it's ready to mail with all your dispute info on it.

I've run into a little trouble at TU as I'm going over reports.  There were 2 other things that I needed to dispute and tried to go in and it won't let me dispute.  We just got the results from the 1st dispute today and yesterday.  I don't know why I'm not being allowed to dispute again.  The 2 things I need to dispute weren't included on the first dispute.  I guess I'll try again tomorrow or just send them a letter.
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can dispute with EQ and EX online and you don't need a confirmation number. Info off your MyFico reports will be more than adequate.

You can also dispute TU online.

I'm still having good luck with faxed disputes, and I can include all the supporting docs I like.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah...you are the bestest!!!

I couldn't find an online way to dispute with EQ...you are the man with the answers!!  My letters have already went out to them tho...think I could try it this way ~ or would it be considered frivolous??  It's so much quicker when it's done online.  I'm getting aggrevated having to wait on EQ when stuff is dropping off TU and EX now.
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

An additional online dispute shouldn't hurt. If one works, then the other dispute might be met with a letter stating, "We could not find the information you requested to be deleted on your credit file." No big.
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I did not why my credit was bad?

I and my exwife after we got divorced,somethings happened with my credit?I have been usa more than 10 year,I did not doing anythings was wrong,please,let me know?this is first time I would like to know my credit because I had application for line credit of bank of america for pay off my home but it does work by my credit? it ok! right now I do not need anything eles,I aready pay off my house by last weed,I do need the bank anymore...you can see that,do you know me good or bad?Just myselt know about that!credit must by myselt,they checks very hard credit of every one and they go the hell! and myself is bad credit but I pay off my home by my money?I living here over 10 years,I NEVER NEED CREDIT! THANK FOR CREDIT BUT I DONOT DEED IT!

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does my Wife have any liability for My Credit Card debt if she is NOT JT on the account and she is NOT an authorized user?? I have been told NO by a debt management person at my local Credit Union.
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.