Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skimmed/Fraud- UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Skimmed in the ER

I have all my cards on text alert for the smallest amount possible. When I use my cards, I always expect a text and usually get it, so I tend not to look at them right away. BoA doesn't send texts immediately. They are a day late (and a dollar short lol).

About a year ago,  I'm sitting and watching TV and I get a text. I looked at it and it was for a $48 transaction at mixed chicks. Never heard of them. I had CO shut the card down within 5 min and a new card on the way.

Had an issue with BoA. Got three transactions run because their texts don't get sent right away. However, their fraud texts came though. $43 at pollo loco, $171 at tractor supply company,  and gas at Citco in Ocala, Florida. I don't live in Florida but used my card for gas just 30 min before the fraud alert, so they knew.

Having 8 bank cards is like having 8 cars. If one goes in the shop, no biggie, I have 7 others. Maybe I wanted that particular one for something, but the other 7 can fit the purpose almost as well.

I think it's funny when it happens. I like to see what they buy. Could have gotten surf and turf on BoA instead of pollo loco, but maybe Mexican food hit the spot. At least they didn't get a value meal at McDonald's to save BoA some money.

Message 41 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

This is Greek to me....I will study up on it.  Thanks!

Hmm ... cool! Did not know you were Greek ?

Me eitherSmiley Tongue (note to self:  reread dna results)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 42 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

What do y'all make of this:

1. Informed Delivery shows my replacement card was to arrive yesterday.  It didn't.  Chased down the mail lady, showed her. Now it's not showing on Informed Delivery for today. I will have to wait to see.

2. Informed Delivery showed Dh's new card from Amex was to arrive last week, It didn't.  Chased down the mail lady, showed her.  She said the pictures of the envelopes are done in another city, sometimes they don't get them in their bins that morning.  Okay, so two days pass, she hand delivers.  I do trust her.

3. We were supposed to get a check from a client last Friday, Informed Delivery showed that.  It didn't arrive; the bills always do but not the dang check....here I go again chasing her down.  She ends up delivering it to us on Saturday. Hand delivered.

4. A couple of months ago Informed Delivery showed my new card was to arrive that day, it didn't. However when it did arrive the next day I already knew it would because there was an image of it on that mornings Informed Delivery again. 

How come it's only cc's and that check that never seems to arrive when the image is there.  #4 was the first incident I can remember, there could have been more, idk.  I'm starting to scratch my head over this.

Is it true that Informed Delivery is wrong?  I sure hate thinking my card is in someone else mailbox or is in the hands of an employee somewhere loading bins. I hate to sound paranoid but......

So 3 cards 3 times not delivered on the day the image shows it's coming; a check (which is unusual for a contractor to mail us a check) not showing up when the image shows it's coming that day.  Do I need to do something or not?  If I do what would it be?

Message 43 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're just noticing it because it's important mail. Informed Delivery gets scanned at the distribution center before it gets to the local office to be loaded onto the mail truck. It's rare but it happens that Informed Delivery tells me something is coming and then it doesn't show up that day. 

Message 44 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're just noticing it because it's important mail. Informed Delivery gets scanned at the distribution center before it gets to the local office to be loaded onto the mail truck. It's rare but it happens that Informed Delivery tells me something is coming and then it doesn't show up that day. 

Thanks Saeren, I felt I was being a little paranoid just not sure. 

Message 45 of 93
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, the one time for me that some mail didn't arrive, I saw the site says wait 7 days before reporting missing mail.  The items appeared the next day

Message 46 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI not all cards are contactless and produce a signal to a reader. 

Even if the card was, it'd have to be within a few inches of the reader to get anything off of it. And even then, there's not enough to do anything other than spend money at the online stores that don't check the code on the back or the billing address/ZIP code--and I'm not sure there's all that many of those in 2019.

Of course, if an RFID blocking wallet gives you peace of mind, go for it. Or sign up for a couple of metal cards to sandwich the contactless one in between. Cat Tongue

Message 47 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Skimmed? UPDATE plz see 1st post

Up to 8 charges now....I updated on first post.  Would like feedback, need feedback.  I thought this acct. was shut down, new charge appears and they are posting to his acct. and his balance is rising.  Please see first post and advise if you can.

Message 48 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy... a reminder that not too many ears ago our USPS took to more efficiency (if that is what it really was) and eliminated many regional processing centers in each state. What it did was vary the availability of delivery and added a good two plus days. For instance in Minnesota we now have one processing center for 5,400,000 people (actually there is now only one for the state).

This great move means all mail has to go through the one processing center. When there is miss delivery, missed delivery, and the like, the postal points in the system often kick it back to the one processing center.

An example, I mail a card to the town 4 miles from my house, it now takes four days because unlike the old days, it all has to go to the one processing center and come back (used to be only the regional center which took one or two days).

Would not surprise me that you may have run into some of this which may be beyond your mail carrier's control (ours gets frustrated with the leaner and meaner system). I got so fed up I switched everything in my life to electronic and nuts to snail mail.

Granted, not all business can be done that way but for me it sure works well!

Message 49 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

I just found out our center is in Florida, we are in GA. 50 miles away.  So that's why I thought Informed Delivery was accurate and those images were taken in our downtown center, but it all makes sense now.

Message 50 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.