Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skimmed/Fraud- UPDATE

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Skimmed in the ER

@zerofire wrote:

Considering that the AU charges are on the main card holder this savings can be justified but also means that in the case of fraud there is no way to know who was targeted.

Well that explains a lot, thanks!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 81 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Hopefully last update

It's been a fun morning.  Capital One is still working on removing charges however two of the 8 they were not aware of, (8 charges to the same place within 7-8 hrs.)  So hopefully those two will go "poof" in the night or wherever here shortly.

I have never been on the stupid phone so much in my life as I have since picking up credit cards.  4th fraud in 3 months on 4 different cards, yay me! Only two of which were mine but I got the JOB to sort it all out.Smiley Mad

Message 82 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 ... "a day late and a dollar short" on this one Smiley Happy
Message 83 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sitting and watching TV and I get a text. I looked at it and it was for a $48 transaction at mixed chicks. Never heard of them. I had CO shut the card down within 5 min and a new card on the way.

Yep, that's happened to us too, just like that.

Having 8 bank cards is like having 8 cars. If one goes in the shop, no biggie, I have 7 others. Maybe I wanted that particular one for something, but the other 7 can fit the purpose almost as well. Good One!

I think it's funny when it happens. I just wanna find them and punch'em in the face! (hate Thieves and Liars)Smiley Mad

Amend Brother!!!

Message 84 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

UPDATE:

The last three charges removed were put back on again today. Still under investigation.  Will this stupid S@#$ ever end?

Message 85 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachytotally don't understand. When it has happened to me on various credit cards the lenders immediately froze the account and closed it. Removed all charges and opened a new account with all new information! Why is this so difficult to do?

It has happened to me on brand new accounts that the card just arrived and I had not even activated? Yes, I did read a posting that Scammers now have software that runs random credit card numbers and when they get a hit go in for the kill!

Sad! Smiley Sad

Message 86 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

We seem to be on a Merry-go-round.

No one has used this acct. since Sept.  All the Fraud Oct 7th and 8th.  Not touching this card/acct.  It's dead to ds.  Gonna wait this out; close it and be done with it.

Message 87 of 93
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I had fraud twice on my Gold Card at gas stations and once on my BCP for an Amazon purchase. 

I didn't know if it was a shady parking lot or a hole in the wall spot I was going to eat at. They watched my Gold card for a week and when the second one tried to go through they called me to see if it was me (it wasn't) and then denied the purchase and sent me a whole new card. They were getting close to $100 in gas.   

They should remove it. Just keep asking for their supervisor until they're sick of you. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 88 of 93
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ScoreSizzle 

I have always taken advantage of the alerts.  What was odd on Synchrony's part is they should have known before me of these suspicous charges.  You don't run 8 transactions through Walmart in AZ, in less than 8 hrs. and going over limit.  That 8th transaction happened after we called and said close this acct. down now.  They did. 2 days later, they allowed that 8th transaction to go through and it was backdated to Oct. 8th.  So 8 transactions in less than 8 hrs. Still smh at that one.  That 8th transaction that went through after the acct. was suspended IS one of the 3 we are still dealing with.  We even called Cap1 before the transition finalized and warned them they were inheriting a sloppy fraud case.

Message 89 of 93
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@ScoreSizzle 

I have always taken advantage of the alerts.  What was odd on Synchrony's part is they should have known before me of these suspicous charges.  You don't run 8 transactions through Walmart in AZ, in less than 8 hrs. and going over limit.  That 8th transaction happened after we called and said close this acct. down now.  They did. 2 days later, they allowed that 8th transaction to go through and it was backdated to Oct. 8th.  So 8 transactions in less than 8 hrs. Still smh at that one.  That 8th transaction that went through after the acct. was suspended IS one of the 3 we are still dealing with.  We even called Cap1 before the transition finalized and warned them they were inheriting a sloppy fraud case.

Wow. 

Seems like Cap1 is going to lose a customer. Why is it so hit or miss with this company? I just don't get it. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 90 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.