Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skymile???? But I don't Fly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skymile???? But I don't Fly

I see lots of folks getting and recommending Sky miles, and cruise miles and such rewards cards. I do not fly, unless ABSOLUTELY required to, nor am I likely to go on a cruise or such. Are y'all reccommending(sp) these cards because they are easier to get, have higher initial CLs, or for the actual benefits you reap from the Sky Miles or such?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Skymile???? But I don't Fly

I would say a little of both.   Hey you never know when you are going to have to fly but if you are looking for rewards  I would look at  visa or MC that is tied in with either a store or hotels or cash back.
Message 2 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jaguls66 wrote:
I see lots of folks getting and recommending Sky miles, and cruise miles and such rewards cards. I do not fly, unless ABSOLUTELY required to, nor am I likely to go on a cruise or such. Are y'all reccommending(sp) these cards because they are easier to get, have higher initial CLs, or for the actual benefits you reap from the Sky Miles or such?

Good Point!  I suspect your talking about the Amex Delta Skymiles card.  Apparently it's not too difficult to get approved.  I imagine many get it for this reason, it sure beats a secured card with big fees and a tiny CL. 
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it might be bacause of the ease of getting it and the CLs. But wondered. and as for flying, I could have driven there faster then the airlines got me there the last time I flew. And no sweaty guy with BO sitting next to me.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid for American Airline ticket with this Delta card. I didn't apply for it because i want to fly. Everybody was getting approved so i was like, let me try too since i need positive TLs on my reports.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an easy card to get, and much better then subprime cards like Capital one.

If you know of any other non-subprime cards that are easy to get, let us know. Hell, maybe you can find a card that gives free ground-transportation or public transportation rewards.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha. i can use some transportation rewards, i take the train to work everyday. The fares jumped up 10% this month too. So ya'll know i'll definately put that card to use if they give me points for riding the train.

Message 7 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jaguls66 wrote:
I thought it might be bacause of the ease of getting it and the CLs. But wondered. and as for flying, I could have driven there faster then the airlines got me there the last time I flew. And no sweaty guy with BO sitting next to me.

And no gal or guy who ate too much sitting next to me and sharing their intelligence (passing gas) with the rest of the passengers!Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Fused, I really tried to control it, I swear. Smiley Sad

fused111 wrote:

And no gal or guy who ate too much sitting next to me and sharing their intelligence (passing gas) with the rest of the passengers!Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaguls66 wrote:

I've never done it, but I think you can sell your miles to other flyers...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.