Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowest Credit Bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slowest Credit Bureau

Who is usually the slowest bureau to get ANYTHING done?  I disputed an AU account on my file with TU and EQ. TU took it off literally in about 2 hours. Equifax has been going on for almost 2 weeks with it. How difficult of a decision can it be that TU knocks it off in 2 hours, but EQ is still investigating?

Is this kind of the norm?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Slowest Credit Bureau

Yes my Equifax is always the last to update. :/

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 8
Chelow
Regular Contributor

For me TU is always the last to update. As far as disputing stuff, I can’t give you an opinion as I haven’t had to dispute anything yet.

Message 3 of 8
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Equifax is definitely my slowest.... :-/

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found TU was the fastest for handling my disputes (usually within one day) while Equifax seemed to always push on the thirty day requirement. For the regular credit card reporting, I found TU was the slowest ... generally about ten days where EX was one to two days and EQ four to seven (averages).

Message 5 of 8
Way
Contributor

I've found TU to be the slowest.  I just recently had two collections come off EQ / EX about a week before TU.  And TU was 4 and 6 days later that EQ / EX to update two large revolving pay downs last month.  That said, I've found that all usually update within 3-4 days of each other.

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me EX is fastest followed by TU, then EQ. EX is Usain Bolt and EQ is, "Grandpa."

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Equifax is slow! I disputed a $29 medical collection showing on experian & equifax. Within 2 hrs experian removed it. It took equifax almost a month. I had to call in to them.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.