cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky Chase Pre-qualification!!

Highlighted
Established Member

Sneaky Chase Pre-qualification!!

I was just online looking for Chase pre-qualification card page. I could not find the pre-qualification page but I did find out that you can obtain your free FICO score from them even if you don't have an account! as I read the small print at the bottom of the page it also stated that Chase will use your information to extend pre-approved offers to you if your scores qualified! So I set up an account to receive free credit scores and searched around and found an offers page where are they would have the ability to offer a credit card to you! I didn't get an offer right away but if anyone tries this and it works please share!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Sneaky Chase Pre-qualification!!

Chase's prequal tool isn't sneaky, it just hasn't found a prequalified offer for you.

My Cards:

Profile Type: New, Thick, 100% Clean
INQ's: EQ: 0 TU: 1 EX: 3 (last 12 mo.)
Recent Accounts: 4 (last 24 mo.)
Total CL: 28.95k Util. 3% AAoA: 1yr, 8mo.
AoOA: 2 yrs, 8 mo. AoYA: 0 mo. 100% PIF.

myFICO Member since: July 21, 2018 | Joined Community: Aug. 17, 2018 | Starting Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 738 EX: 698
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted

@earlpete22 wrote:

I was just online looking for Chase pre-qualification card page. I could not find the pre-qualification page but I did find out that you can obtain your free FICO score from them even if you don't have an account! as I read the small print at the bottom of the page it also stated that Chase will use your information to extend pre-approved offers to you if your scores qualified! So I set up an account to receive free credit scores and searched around and found an offers page where are they would have the ability to offer a credit card to you! I didn't get an offer right away but if anyone tries this and it works please share!!

https://www.chase.com/prequalified

Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If the score is from "credit journey," it's a Vantage 3 score, rather than a FICO score.

No prequalification offers for me.  Chase thinks 2 cards from them is enough🙂

FICO 8: EQ 800; EX 797; TU 793
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Angelwingz is very sweet.

FICO 8: EQ 800; EX 797; TU 793
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted

A quick reminder, FSR is not an optional thing on this forum. 

Posts that did not adhere to community standards have been removed. 

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Sorry Remmy and to the community. I wasn't trying to say anything inappropriate Smiley Indifferent

My Cards:

Profile Type: New, Thick, 100% Clean
INQ's: EQ: 0 TU: 1 EX: 3 (last 12 mo.)
Recent Accounts: 4 (last 24 mo.)
Total CL: 28.95k Util. 3% AAoA: 1yr, 8mo.
AoOA: 2 yrs, 8 mo. AoYA: 0 mo. 100% PIF.

myFICO Member since: July 21, 2018 | Joined Community: Aug. 17, 2018 | Starting Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 738 EX: 698
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

As mentioned upthread, it’s most likely credit journey that you’re referring to. You don’t need to be a pre existing customer to sign up and the scores offered are Vantage 3.0 versus Fico. 

People have seen pre qualified offers via this route though and subsequently been approved. 

July 2020
Experian Fico 8. 707
Transunion Fico 8. 705
Equifax Fico 8. 724

Capital one QS1. $2450
Discover IT Cashback. $12,000
PNC cash rewards signature Visa. $17,500
Chase SW rapid rewards signature visa $6900
Amex Green Card NPSL POT $11,000

Amex Hilton Honors $1000
Citi Rewards $3900
Message 8 of 12
Highlighted

@angelwingz wrote:

Sorry Remmy and to the community. I wasn't trying to say anything inappropriate Smiley Indifferent

You didnt say anything inappropriate @angelwingz 

Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@earlpete22 wrote:

I did find out that you can obtain your free FICO score from them even if you don't have an account! 

thanks. that's good info. i was only keeping my acct w them for the free score. now, i can close it! do you have the link to that page?

FSR=following site rules? geez, had to think hard about that one lol

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.