cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Happy Had to Tell Someone! EX up 40 Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Happy Had to Tell Someone! EX up 40 Points!

My EX report is the last one that has any bad stuff on it. I had 3 negative accounts. 1 PR due to fall off this year in Aug, and 2 lates from 6.7 years ago.

The PR was disputed and deleted. I asked if they would remove it based on Goodwill. Lmao. I never tried that before but it worked. Basically said a) I have learned and improved my creidt and b) it was going to fall off in 5 months anyway.

My EX FICO 8 went up 40 freaking points!!!!! So happy.

Nobody cares in my real non-internet life so I had to post here. Thx for letting me freak a bit here. Smiley Happy

Did I mention I am so happy? Too bad I don't want another card or something. Not really gardening but I sort of am. All 3 of my reports need to lose some INQs. I have all the cards I want and need.... so unless something super exciting or new comes out-I'm good for now.

But still super happy. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So Happy Had to Tell Someone! EX up 40 Points!

Fantastic keep on working!!!!!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and have a great rest of the day!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the 40 point gain.  One question though.  Are those 2 late payments still on there?  You didn't say anything about them being removed, so I'm guessing they are still present.  What is the severity (30, 60, 90, etc) of those late payments?  Since they are at 6.7 years, in 4 months they will cross the 7 year mark which means you should see a nice score gain again.  If they are minors (30, 60) the gain may not be significant, but if they are majors (90+) you could see a SIGNIFICANT gain... one that's equal to or greater than the 40 points you just got.

What was your credit score before the recent increase and where do you sit now?  How does the rest of your file look outside of the negative items such as utilization, AAoA, inquires, etc?  Do you have an open installment loan?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they are there. They were 90+ days 6 years and 7 months ago. I'm really looking fowRd to when they get removed. I'm guessing my scores will be in the TU/EQ range since all 3 of mine are very close. All are the same plus or minus 2 accounts.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry- to answer you my score was 642 and now it is 682. (My TU is 755 and EQ is 742 and both are clean)
My Utilization is always between 0-1%. I always PIf but sometimes a card posts a balance before I get it paid. My AAOA is low-between 1 year and 6 mo and high end is 3 years and 2 months. INQs are high too. All 3 are in the 20's. I don't have any open installments but I do have many that are listed in good status and paid. Also have a paid mortgage and an open LOC.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Makes me remember a year ago when my few old baddies came off between February and March too Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry- to answer you my score was 642 and now it is 682. (My TU is 755 and EQ is 742 and both are clean)
My Utilization is always between 0-1%. I always PIf but sometimes a card posts a balance before I get it paid. My AAOA is low-between 1 year and 6 mo and high end is 3 years and 2 months. INQs are high too. All 3 are in the 20's. I don't have any open installments but I do have many that are listed in good status and paid. Also have a paid mortgage and an open LOC.

Understood.  I have no doubt that you'll see a 60-70 point gain once you hit 7 years and your EX score will be right along side your TU and EQ scores! 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure hope so. I have had this problem child for a very long time now. It's more annoying since the other two have been clean and my scores skyrocketed from where they were.

Thx for the encouragement
Message 9 of 14
Regular Contributor

Well done!
Fico 8 Scores
7/2020: EQ - 842; TU - 832; EX - 848
10/2017: EQ - 823; TU - 835; EX - 824
05/2016: EQ - 712; TU - 706; EX - 710
11/2015: EQ - 694; TU - 651; EX - 653
5/2015: EQ - 670
5/2014: EQ - 653
11/2013: EQ - 645
05/2013: EQ - 656
11/2012: EQ - 646

Eight CCs ($179,500 CL, 0%-1% UTIL)
AoOA = 18.6 years, AAoA = 60 mos., AoYA = 18 mos.
One mortgage, one HELOC, no car loans.
Derogs from 2009 and 2010 now gone after 7 years. I started paying attention to credit scores in about 2014. It's taken a few years but credit scores are now good after starting in the high 500s back in 2011

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.