cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Happy. My TU FICO 8 score just went up...

tag
hankejp
New Contributor

So Happy. My TU FICO 8 score just went up...

Long story short, my credit was in the tank.  I was probably a low-mid 500 score a year ago.  I think this person on a different site:

It takes substantially more than one-year-old lates for Navy to give someone a CL of $500. From his other posts, it's possible to piece together a profile and, frankly, Navy was on drugs to even give him $500. 15 collection accounts, FICO in very low 600s, many recent lates, debt management program, 2 PRs,16 INQs, looking for a VA loan ... and a **bleep**ttty partridge in a deformed pear tree. He needs another INQ like he needs a hole in the head.

My wife and I started to work on our credit file.  Today I was just notified that my TU Fico 8 score just went up 8 pts to a 671 and for the first time in a long time, I am finally in the good range for Fico. I am hoping this and the other ones will go up in the next couple days more as my Credit Union line of credit will report a $29 balance from a $490 balance with a limit of $500 and my NFCU credit card will report a credit increase from $500 to $1500 and a balance of $113 from a previous $173 balance.  

I'm pretty ecstatic to see a yellow color on my report instead of the Fair, orange color.

Just had to tell someone.  LOL

Thanks

Joe

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: So Happy. My TU FICO 8 score just went up...

Congrats. It always feels great when your score improves and you see those new 'digits"😆😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

You've worked hard! You should feel good, mate. Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job, Joe!

See that on the horizon? I believe it's a 700 score with your name on it.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Good work! 

Message 5 of 9
hankejp
New Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Scores keep going up.  MyFico is now reporting:

Equifax - 663

Transunion - 692

Exp - 667

The are the FICO 8 scores.  Waiting for my NFCU card to report yet.  What do you think the chances are the my middle mortgage score is 620 or greater?  I don't want to buy the ultimate 3b right now to look.

Thanks

Joe

Message 6 of 9
hankejp
New Contributor

Heck Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to wait but the lender we were working with, who was suppose to pull or credit today, neglected to tell us he had the day off today.  So my wife and I pulled a new Ultimate 3B report.

My lending Fico scores are:

Eq - 631

Trans - 672

Exp - 677

My wife's are:

Eq - 662

Trans - 641

Exp - 638

So we are going to check with a different bank now, since he's not around.  We have nothing with him, so why not.....

I never thought the middle scores would have gone up that much.  We are so excited.....

Just had to celebrate with someone.  lol

Joe

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! That was my exact TU08 when I got approved for a few good credit cards. 

Message 8 of 9
hankejp
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! That was my exact TU08 when I got approved for a few good credit cards. 

Thanks JeffreeTheCat.  After we get a home, I am hopin gto apply and get a Amex Delta card to start building up miles since we fly Delta a lot.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.